Make Sure Grandma Isn’t Around
Sexting 101 With WOO More Play
We’re here to give sexting new PR.
Sexting: You’ve heard about it, you’ve done it, or you know someone who has.
You’ve wondered how it comes so naturally to some people. You might have overheard a horror story about it, you’ve maybe tried it (successfully or unsuccessfully) or are too afraid to. Either way, when it comes to sexting, everyone is sort of familiar with the concept.
But what everyone isn’t talking about, is just how important sexting can be in a relationship. As sex educator and MPH, Kait Scalisi, says best, “Sexting is the perfect foreplay. It’s a fun, flirty way to stay connected…It keeps sex on your brain all day and adds a little adventure, which re-creates that loving feeling from early in your relationship.” Whether you’re newly dating, or have been married for 15 years, don’t forget that variety is the spice of life. Include sexting in your relationship to help keep the spark alive.
Let’s face it, sometimes when life gets busy, the easiest thing to neglect is sex. But your intimate connection with your partner needs to be prioritized and constantly worked on in the same way we prioritize work, health, family, children, etc... Your romantic life and chemistry with your partner is a key part of maintaining a lasting relationship. Sexting is one way to help bring back the “early days” excitement into your partnership.
Sexting is a true art form. You don’t want to rush into it or send something at an inopportune time, especially to someone who is not in a situation to participate (or receive). Timing, strategy, and intention are everything with sexting. Need a hands-on (pun intended) guide? We’ve got your back. WOO has gathered the best tips & tricks for mastering the art of sexting.
Golden Rules for Creating Magic (aka really hot cell phone moments):
Get The Timing Right
- Imagine your partner is in a meeting sharing their laptop screen and a nude photo of you pops up. Or they’re visiting family, sharing photos of your last trip and a text pops up telling the entire room how wet you are… Not it. Always initiate sexting by checking in with your partner. Aka: Make sure grandma isn’t around and that they can invest in the moment with you.
Less Is More
- Repeat after WOO: Go. Slow. Tease into the activity and keep the tension building up over time. Don’t be afraid to take the lead early in the day, building hot tension until they return home at night.
- Check-in with your partner mid-morning (again, confirming safe surroundings) and then text them something like, “I couldn’t stop thinking about you in my shower this morning.”
- WOO Tip:
Use Your Words
- An important note– sexting DOES NOT = sending nude photos. While many people incorporate nudes into their sexting routine, it is entirely possible to get the job done with just words (and sometimes it can be a lot hotter– save it for later). One of the key parts of sexting is pushing yourself creatively. How much can you turn your partner on without visuals?
- Tell them how they make you feel, what you’re craving, what you want to do to them when you see them again, etc.
- Ask questions - what part of me do you want to see? How would you like me to turn you on?
- WOO Tip:
Play with Platform
- Make use of those iPhone features and get crafty! Whether it's GIFs, voice notes, or emojis, your phone comes stocked and ready with tools to turn your partner on. Imagine you’re mid-masturbation and you send your partner a voice note of your moans, as you detail what you’re thinking about in that moment. Yeah, hot af.
- WOO Tip: FYI, emojis are a great way to test the vibe before diving in headfirst. Initiate sexting by asking your partner what they are doing & include suggestive emojis. Our faves: 🍑💦🌶🍆
Invest In The Photo
- If you do want to send photos, get creative with your shot. As always, start slowly, showing artsy shots of different parts of your body. For safety reasons, we recommend not including your face (you never know what could happen). But if you’re comfortable, and you trust your partner and the experience, feel free to do what feels best.
- Invest in the photo. Play with angles, lighting, and body parts. Take a photo of your clavicle with the top of your boob showing (no nipple). You’ll have your partner begging you to go lower, and lower, and well, you get the point.
- WOO Tip:
For Experts Only: Invest In Sex Tech
- Did you know that there are sex toys on the market that come with an app? Aka your partner can control your vibrator (and your orgasms) from thousands of miles away. Talk about next.level.sexting.
Need more support? Copy & paste these WOO-approved phrases and send them to your partner to get the sexting started.
- “I’ve been thinking about what I want to do to you all day long.”
- “I keep replaying last night in my mind. I’m so turned on.”
- “I’m having trouble focusing at work because I can’t stop thinking about having you inside of me.”
- “I wish you were lying next to me. I wouldn’t be able to keep my hands off of you.”